We would like to invite you to the
21st European Regional IAAH Conference 2018 and III National Conference in Adolescent Health
“Equal opportunities for healthy development for all adolescents”
3-5 October, 2018, Chisinau Moldova
This conference is organised by the “Health for Youth” Association in the Republic of Moldova and The National Resource Center on Youth Friendly Health Services “Neovita” in conjunction with the International Association for Adolescent Health, in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Labour and Social Protection, Ministry of Education, Science and Culture of Republic of Moldova, State University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Nicolae Testemiţeanu” and EuTEACH. The conference is supported by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, WHO, UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (UNESCO IITE) and UNICEF.
-To apply a gender perspective to the promotion of good health and wellbeing among adolescents
-To facilitate inter-sectoral co-operation across health, education and social care
-To enhance participation of youth in health promotion and health services
Topics that will be addressed within this conference:
- Positive development and effective adolescent health promotion programs
- Access to developmentally- and age-appropriate health services and health (sexuality) education
- Youth friendly health care and integrated care school health services and interventions, outreach interventions
- Comprehensive life skills based health (sexuality) education
- Mental health
- Violence and bulling, Self-harm and suicide etc.
- Sexual and reproductive health and relationships
- Puberty disorders, HIV/STIs, adolescent pregnancy and safe abortion, gynaecology and andrology problems etc.
- Prevention and treatment of chronic illness
• Chronic conditions, Nutritional disorders, Experimental medications
• Functional symptoms and disorders, Transient tic disorders
• Sport medicine and healthy physical activity
- Health determinants of adolescent girls and boys
- Gender stereotypes, Social media, Impact of migration, Parenting etc.
- Participation of adolescents in health promotion, and the role of volunteering.
We hope to bring together colleagues from Eastern Europe, Western Europe and Central Asia, and travellers from other parts of the world will also be welcomed.
This conference will be useful for all professionals who work to improve the health and wellbeing of adolescents, including health professionals of all disciplines, social workers, youth workers, teachers and pastoral staff from the education sector, youth justice workers, national and local government policymakers and NGO staff.
The participation of young people is central to the conference, and we encourage applications for our Youth Leadership Forum from young people aged 15-24. Professional attendees should consider sponsoring a young person from their country to attend the conference with them.
The conference will take place at the Radisson BLU Hotel in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova https://www.radissonblu.com/en/hotel-chisinau. The conference languages will be English, Romanian and Russian.
The main Conference program is planned for 2 working days on 4th and 5th October including plenary sessions, parallel symposia, debates, thematic research sessions and a Youth Leadership Forum.
On 3rd October, teams from HFY (Health For Youth) and EuTEACH (European Training in Effective Adolescent Care and Health) will host pre-conference interactive skill-building workshops.
For more information contact: Galina Lesco, Natalia Gandrabur, Health for Youth Association YFHC Neovita (phone: 022 40 66 32; 022 46 37 28; email: email@example.com website: www.iaahconference2018moldova.yk.md, www.yk.md )